A special conference to understand the situation in Ukraine
Published on 09 May 2022 by NEOMA
On 13 April 2022, on the Reims NEOMA campus, a conference took place entitled: ‘Ukraine 2022: with a geopolitical earthquake and economic convulsions, the crisis has thrown all the cards up in the air’; the conference shed light on the repercussions of the war for the two countries involved, for Europe and for the world.
Seven NEOMA professors of geopolitics and economics, from the Strategy & Entrepreneurship and Finance departments gave presentations on the underlying factors of the war in Ukraine. The conference was organised by the Strategy and Entrepreneurship department, in collaboration with the geopolitical student society UN’iversal.
NEOMA professors shared their expertise on seven themes
- Sharam Alijani: The ‘non-aligned’ countries in the face of the Ukraine war: India, Iran and Turkey
- Edgar Bellow: Vladimir Putin and his Eurasian project
- Loïc Ernest: the war in Ukraine, an opportunity to strengthen the EU?
- Lotfi Hamzi: Economic sanctions against Russia: from 2014 to 2022
- Huai-Yuan Han: The Chinese position
- Nathalie Janson: The Russo-Ukraine conflict: The currency war has begun
- Paul Sanders: The historic turning-point of 2022