A programme to apply research to business issues
The Doctorate of Business Administration (DBA) combines research training and supervised research to help professionals and managers to develop conceptual tools and acquire skills needed to create innovative management solutions in a fast-changing, global business environment.
Designed for people holding a full-time job, our DBA programme offers all courses over weekends, without interrupting the professional working life.
Why join this programme?
Taught entirely in English by an international faculty of recognised experts, the DBA will transform professionals into thought leaders, global managers, and trailblazers, by:
- Conducting research work on a topic tailored around professional projects and under the guidance of our faculty
- Developing analytical skills and leadership qualities
- Becoming agile and imaginative leaders, able to adapt to today’s particularly complex professional environments
- Growing into a management scholar, able to find rigorous solutions to complex business and management questions
- Giving high-level insights in a field of specialisation
Data soon available
Satisfaction Rating (out of 5)
Data soon available
Average job search time
Insertion rate at 6 months
The DBA follows a well-structured progression that reflects the rigour and intellectual challenge students are infused with during the curriculum :
Year 1 – fundamentals : learn key research skills and formalise their research topic.
Year 2 – specialisation : choose two fields of specialisation and enter the planning and data collection stages of their research work.
Year 3 – expertise : focus on research work.
Articulated around some key pedagogical and learning events, the DBA programme offers :
- A series of 6 seminars to learn how to design an academic research;
- 5 “How to…” courses : how to analyse data, how to conduct a qualitative analysis, how to design experiments, how to construct quantitative models, how to conduct research in a multicultural environment;
- 3 doctoral courses from :Accounting, Finance, Risk Management, Human Resources, Information Systems, Management, Marketing, Organisational Behaviour, Strategy and Sustainable Development;
- Workshops on effective English writing and Effective communication;
- @home in France／法国 : 2 study periods in France with courses on leadership and strategy and the opportunity to discover France.
Our expert faculty will guide you through the research stage of the programme on a one-on-one basis, helping you transform your knowledge into insights and innovative solutions.
Open to ambitious international candidates living in China or around the Asian continent, the programme targets senior professionals and managers, who boast a scientific (engineering, economics…) or a business and management background with at least five years in a management positions and a significant career progression. Demonstrating strong motivation for studies and a curiosity for research methods are key to the interactiveness with other managers.
- Master degree with at least 5 years’ professional or management experience, showing significant career progression.
Application to DBA@neoma-bs.fr
Application fees: 2,000 RMB
You can send your resume all year round to DBA@neoma-bs.fr and ideally from September till end of March for the April intake. Successful candidates are contacted for interview.
The interview essentially focuses on your professional experience and future project(s) in the realm of business, organisations and management. The reasons that motivate your application are also paramount to assessing your personality. The interview lasts 30 minutes.
The programme is sanctioned by several levels of validation:
- continuous assessment: evaluation of each module of the programme in the form of examinations or individual files.
- the submission of an applied doctoral research project at the end of the first year to the thesis director (s).
- presentation of the applied doctoral thesis project at the end of the second year to the thesis director (s).
- the submission and defense of an applied doctoral thesis at the end of the third year: submission of a written manuscript and oral defense before a jury made up of one to two internal reviewers and one external reviewer.
At the end of the training and after validation of these different levels of validation, the DBA diploma is awarded to the participants.