The Retail Operations Manager – ECAL is a nine-month programme providing training for passionate, innovative professional positions. These positions are found in retail-sector companies of all sizes working with food, non-food or specialised products, both integrated and independent, under the responsibility of a director with various levels of autonomy depending on the structure. The profession can also be applied to business creation or takeover in the same sector of activity or to the management of a small retail business.
Retail operations managers are prepared to quickly take on the operational and managerial responsibilities in one of the most dynamic sectors of the French economy. It offers many career prospects with great potential, including roles such as department/area manager, assistant store manager, junior buyer and brand development manager.
Retail Operational Manager – ECAL is based on 3 skill fields will allow you to develop a global management vision and an expansive retail culture:
- Field 1: Manage and oversee your team in mass retail functions
- Field 2: Apply the company’s sales strategy in your store or in a support role
- Field 3: Manager and evaluate the economic and financial results of your department, store or unit
NEOMA offer the possibility of selecting only one skill field out of the 3 skill fields to develop an expertise and obtain certification.
- Case studies and professional simulations performed individually or in a group
- All of the cases are subject to individual and collective feedback
- Professional thesis and defence in front of a jury
The programme is recognised through a dual validation:
- Ongoing assessment: evaluations conducted throughout the length of the programme in the form of individual or collective reports to be submitted
- A final evaluation: performed at the end of the course, it can be done under different forms – it is, for the most part, individual
At the end of the programme, the level-6 of Retail Operations Manager is awarded to participants.
If some modules were not validated and thus no credits were earned, the programme participant can redo the evaluation during a period set up for this purpose.