Pierrick GOMEZ , Advanced Masters director, Ph.D., NEOMA – Doctor of Management Sciences
Violaine ATHÈS , Professor at AgroParisTech – academic supervisor for Masternova
Karen DELCHET-COCHET , pedagogic director, AgroParisTech
Managing sustainable innovation in agri-activities and bio-industries
For 25 years Masternova has provided a dual skill set in life sciences and managerial disciplines that can be applied to innovative projects in the fields of agri-food, health, biotechnologies, cosmetics, bio-based chemistry and more.
As a Masternova graduate, you can hold project manager positions in the agri-food, pharmaceutical, cosmetic and biotech sectors, become a life sciences innovation partnership manager, join an innovation consulting firm in life sciences or an organisation promoting and applying research results.
Choosing Masternova is choosing innovation and a diverse skill set and career path. It also means working with the way we live, and being involved in a sector with a high employment and growth outlook.
5 good reasons to join the programme
The integration of managerial disciplines and life sciences to become innovative project managers
More than 25 years of expertise in the field of management and innovation in life sciences
Programme ranked no. 2 in France (2021 Eduniversal Ranking of Best Masters, AM and MBA)
A double degree awarded by NEOMA Business School and AgroParisTech graduate engineering school
A work-linked training programme boosting entry in the professional world
Masternova allows students to develop a dual skillset in life sciences and managerial disciplines that can be applied to innovative projects in the fields of agri-food and biotechnologies. The part-time schedule with one week of courses every three weeks is easily adapted to professional life.
The degree is an Advanced Masters co-awarded by NEOMA Business School and AgroParisTech and accredited by the “Conférence des Grandes Ecoles”.
RNCP title (awaiting validation from the France Compétences public institution)
The MASTERNOVA programme enables students to:
- Create and implement an innovation strategy
- Manage innovation projects, from their creation to their marketing
- Support the management of intellectual property and financing for an innovation project
- Manage a business development plan for a product, process or service
This programme is accessible via the « VAE » (awarding a qualification based on relevant professional experience).
DOUBLE DEGREE WITH AgroParisTech
This programme offers each student the opportunity to earn a double degree with an internationally recognised school.
The team projects conducted on practical cases including analyses on technological feasibility and commercial viability, marketing-mix decisions and the construction of a business plan.
With project-based learning in groups, the students are made into direct stakeholders and managers of their project. They need to search together for solutions to problems posed by the actual realisation of the project and gradually learn and develop as they work towards its completion.
These projects teach hybrid, technical and operational skills while allowing students to develop soft skills.
The professional thesis is a project whose purpose is to identify an issue important to companies and respond to it by using a conceptual approach and empirical research. This project must lead to practical recommendations for companies. Its additional purpose is to help students acquire technical expertise while also developing important soft skills for the job market: critical thinking, complex problem resolution, etc.
The programme is recognised through a dual validation:
- Ongoing assessment: evaluations conducted throughout the length of the programme in the form of individual or collective reports to be submitted
- A final evaluation: performed at the end of the course, it can be done under different forms – it is, for the most part, individual
At the end of the programme and after a validation of ECTS credits per programme year, the Advanced Master in Innovation Management for Agri-activities and Bio-industries (Masternova) is awarded to participants.
If some modules were not validated and thus no credits were earned, the programme participant can redo the evaluation during a period set up for this purpose.
The part-time format allows you to remain at your company and promotes your entry and development in the professional world.
2019 key figures
Sources: 2019 young graduate employment survey and AgroParisTech
Hiring rate in less than six months: 85%
Gross average salary: €43k per year
- Innovation Project Manager
- Business Developer – Product Manager
- Innovation Financing Project Manager
- Licensing Manager
- Project Manager for Technology Transfer, Research Results Promotion, Innovation Partnerships
Main sectors of activity
- Agri-food and ingredients 26%
- Pharmaceuticals/health 20%
- Research application/transfer agencies 12%
- Food distribution and service 9%
- Consulting 8%
- Cosmetics 5%
- Other 20%
Data soon available
(out of 5)
Data soon available
Average job search time (month)
Data soon available
Insertion rate at 6 months
Three minutes to apply to Advanced Master (AM) in Innovation Management for Agri-activities and Bio-industries programme – advice from Coline Berthier, Recruitment and Class Manager
This programme is intended for young graduates who want to develop a specialisation or earn a double skill and professionals who want to complement their skills.
We accept applications from students holding one of the following diplomas :
- Engineering degree accredited by the « Commission des Titres d’Ingénieur » (CTI list)
- Degree from a Management School accredited to deliver the national « Grade de Master » (CEFDG list)
- Postgraduate degree accredited by university authorities (DEA, DESS, Master’s degree, etc.) or a professional Master diploma
- 4-year Bachelor’s degree or equivalent, for students with at least three years of professional experience.
- Level-7 RNCP certification
- International degree equivalent to the required French degrees noted above
This programme is accessible to people with disability.
1st step: Application
You need to fill out the application online.
You must include the required documents:
- Two letters of recommendation
- Marks from your last two academic years
- Level of English*
*If the applicant does not have results from an English exam, the recruitment manager can have the applicant take an online test.
The selection jury will decide on an applicant’s admissibility after reviewing their application.
The applications must be finalised no later than ten days before the date of the interview.
2nd stage: Admission tests
Applicants deemed admissible after review of their applications then have a motivation interview.
Definitive admission is announced to each applicant at the end of these two stages and within seven days following the date of the motivation interview.
The motivation interviews are held one or two times per month from January to July according to the calendar below.
The motivation interviews for the school year starting October 2021 will be held on:
- Thursday 8 April
- Wednesday 5 and 26 May
- Thursday 10 and 24 June
- Tuesday 13 July
Application fee: €100
2 nd rank
Eduniversal Ranking 2021 of the best Masters, AM and MBA – Agribusiness / Food Industry Management Category