« The best way to predict the future is to create it. » Peter Druker
NEOMA Business School’s Doctor of Philosophy degree (PhD in Management) combines high-level training, with supervised research to help the future Doctor in Management develop the skills he or she needs to become a successful researcher. The curriculum is international, taught and supervised in English by NEOMA Business School international faculty.
Why join this programme ?
The PhD in Management is designed to help the student obtain positions in leading academic and research institutions or join research-oriented departments at major firms.
To choose NEOMA Business School is to select a highly intellectually challenging PhD. Thanks to leading-edge research with leading-edge researchers, the future Doctor in Management will benefit from the school’s expert faculty: guidance through the programme on a one-on-one basis, working at the cutting-edge of research. As a result of the PhD, he or she will be able to :
- Demonstrate a thorough understanding of the key research questions and methodologies in a given field of specialisation;
- Contribute to expand the frontiers of knowledge in a given research field: formulate research questions at the leading-edge of your field; implement a rigorous research plan to test these questions; communicate conclusions effectively and clearly to a variety of audiences.
- Collaborate in international research groups.
- Publish in top academic journals.
- Promote his or her academic career towards the best institutions
the PhD led me to a recently accepted job offer by the University of Minnesota Duluth!
PHD in management : a three-year programme
The PhD in Management is a three-year programme that develops leading-edge research skills to help you identify, analyse and solve key managerial questions in a rapidly changing, globalised business and management world. Courses are delivered by experienced NEOMA BS professors with high-level research profiles.
NEOMA Business School boasts three campuses in Paris, Reims and Rouen. First year classes are conveniently located in the heart of Paris.
Year 1 – Learning the ropes – Fundamentals & Specialisation
The students follow 7 mandatory courses covering fundamental theories, research methods, and advanced specialized fields. Courses are short and intensive, and cover the following areas:
- Epistemology: The art of scientific validation
- Advanced Data Analytics
- Business Modelling
- Business Research Methods
- Managerial Economics and Technology Innovation
- Advanced Management Theories
- Capstone Seminar
At the end of the first year, the student sits a wide-ranging written exam and submits a review paper about his research subject.
Year 2 – All about research
Students are guided and supervised through the research process. They learn how to formulate research questions, design research plans and test their ideas.
At the end of the second year, students undergo a wide-ranging oral exam, and submit and defend their research project.
Year 3 – Preparing for the thesis
Students become more autonomous and develop the skills required to design and manage larger research projects in their field, and to communicate results effectively to a variety of audiences. Students will be working at the frontiers of knowledge in their field to create tomorrow’s world.
By the end of the third year, the student should be able to defend his/her thesis
We seek applications from exceptional individuals holding a Master-level degree or equivalent, who are curiosity-driven and skilled in critical thinking and independent research, with a good level of English, and who are eager to pursue a career in research, publication and teaching.
All candidates must apply through our application system.
Application is open until the end of June each year.
Application fee: 100 euros
To apply, candidates must upload all the documents below to our application system:
- Two letters of recommendation
- Research proposal (3-5 pages)
- Sample of academic writing (At least 2 chapters of your Master thesis, report, working paper, or published articles)
- GMAT score or GRE score (can be waived if you can provide proof of over 10 years of working experience)
- TOEFL 83 or IELTS 6.0 (if you are not native English speaker, or did not study for your previous degree(s) in English)
- Academic qualifications (official transcripts and bachelor and master diplomas)
The transcripts of your highest degree should be sent to us directly by your home university to the address below.
NEOMA Business School – Campus de Rouen
1 rue du Maréchal Juin – BP 215
76824 Mont-Saint-Aignan Cedex,
*If your university system cannot provide original certificates, you should provide names and contacts of Professors who can certify that you were awarded the master’s degree.
Candidates will be advised to nominate 3 professors from the Faculty Team that might act as their supervisor, the doctoral school will help you contact them.
Once the online application is submitted and fees paid, the potential supervisor will interview the candidate (by skype or face-to-face). Students are selected based on outstanding academic achievement and research potential. No admission will be accepted without a confirmed supervisor.
Successful full-time PhD candidates will have the opportunity to apply for a full scholarship, which includes the tuition fee waiver, an on-campus part-time PhD Assistant position (with monthly salary and benefits). The scholarship application should be made before end of June, and after admission to the programme.