Over the last 5 years, France has organised no fewer than 12 world championships and 13 European championships, including the UEFA EURO 2016 and the Ryder’s Cup in 2018. This impressive achievement continues, the Rugby World Cup in 2023 and the largest mega sporting event in the world: the Olympic Games in 2024.
Strengthen your sport management skills, learn from renowned specialists in sport management and from top actors in major sports business and sporting event management in France!
Why join this programme ?
Get an insight into the French success story of event management.
Expand your understanding and knowledge base of Sport management.
Learn from the best in major sports management in France through guest speakers on videoconferences
Enjoy a unique French experience among an international network of students and professionals online.
Expect an authentic NEOMA Business School experience. During this programme you will develop your intellectual curiosity and your passion for Sports to an exciting experience at NEOMA Business School. You will expand your understanding in Sport management while mixing with students all around the world in online forms and classes.
What will you learn ?
The three-week programme provides an introduction into the sport-business in France. Theory is aligned with major sporting events, industry examples and case studies from the sport industry.
- Sport Management the French model
Students will learn about the French and European governance of sport as well as the key strengths and weaknesses.
- Major Sporting Events
Students will gain a clear insight into the organisation and running of major events and a unique understanding of the bidding process.
- Sports Marketing and Sponsorship
Students will explore Marketing and Sponsorship cases around brands and companies.
- Business Game Football Club CEO
You will manage a professional football club in a group over a 6-seasons development period. You will have to manage finance and marketing strategy over the 6 seasons of your club.
With major sporting partners, NEOMA Business School has created the Sport Federations and Major Events Management programme, giving participants a solid insight into the French success story of event management through modules taught online, videoconferences from sport Federations in Paris and speakers as well.
- Sport Management – The French Model, Strengths and Future Challenges.
Students will learn about the French governance of sport as well as its key strengths and weaknesses.
- Managing Major Sporting Events – Sports Event to Softpower Influence
The following topics will be handled:
– Running and the bidding process,
– From Stadium events to the slopes of the Alps. Includes visit to FIS – International SKI Cross Event, Megeve jan 31 2021,
– The Women’s World Cup,
– Rugby World Cup 2023
– Olympic Games 2024.
- Sports Sponsorship and Marketing – Strategies for Federations and Clubs
Students are offered a unique insight into the running of the Football, Rugby and Hand Ball Federations including visits and presentations from directors and staff.
- Business Game Football Club CEO – Capstone simulation project
The simulation will allow students to manage and run a football club from financial planning to players management and at the same time Implementing their own strategy and development plans.
Included in the online Sport Federations and Major Events Management programme:
- Lectures by highly qualified NEOMA BS faculty and guest faculty members
- Talks from 2 major Federations FFF, FFR in Paris
- Virtual visit of Stade Delaune (Reims), home ground of Reims Football Club – Hosted 4 matches of the FIFA Womens World Cup 2019
The programme is not only a great opportunity for students interested in a career in sport management but also for students simply wishing to know more about this global and dynamic industry.
Are you eligible for this short-term programme?
The NEOMA Business School short-term programme seeks curious, motivated and independent students who are eager to participate in a special academic experience in France.
To apply, you must:
- For the graduate level programme: hold a Bachelor degree in a business (or closely related) discipline.
- For the Undergraduate level programme: Have completed at least one year of undergraduate level business classes.
- English level: IELTS 6.0 (recommended)
How to apply
Please contact your home institution which will provide you the link of the application.
Further information will be provided upon receipt of your application.
Application deadline : January 15th, 2021
The programme has limited capacity. Please contact us immediately.
Program fees: €950
Programme fees include: tuition fees and administrative fees.
Students from partner institutions can be nominated for a tuition waiver or discount as part of the general exchange agreement. The granting of the discount or waiver is done via the partner institution to the individual student.
Students must contact the international coordinator at their university to verify eligibility.
Calvin Klein - Summer programme participant from Tilburg University - The NetherlandsRead testimony