Why join this programme ?
Get an insight into the French success story of event management.
Expand your understanding and knowledge base of Sport management.
Learn from the best in major sport management in France through visits to Federations in Paris and guest speakers.
Enjoy a unique French experience among an international network of students and professionals.
Expect an authentic NEOMA Business School experience. During this programme you will develop your intellectual curiosity and your passion for Sports to an exciting experience at NEOMA Business School. You will expand your understanding in Sport management while mixing with students all around the world in classes.
What will you learn ?
- Sport Management the French model
Students will learn about the French and European governance of sport as well as the key strengths and weaknesses.
- Major Sporting Events
Students will gain a clear insight into the organisation and running of major events and a unique understanding of the bidding process.
- Sports Marketing and Sponsorship
Students will explore Marketing and Sponsorship cases around brands and companies.
- Business Game Football Club CEO
You will manage a professional football club in a group over a 6-seasons development period. You will have to manage finance and marketing strategy over the 6 seasons of your club.
With major sporting partners, NEOMA Business School has created the Sport Federations and Major Events Management programme, giving participants a solid insight into the French success story of event management through modules taught at our Reims campus, visits to Federations in Paris (45 mins from Reims) and guest speakers.
- Sport Management – The French Model, Strengths and Future Challenges.
Students will learn about the French governance of sport as well as its key strengths and weaknesses.
- Managing Major Sporting Events – Sports Event to Softpower Influence
The following topics will be handled:
– Running and the bidding process,
– The Women’s World Cup,
– Rugby World Cup 2023
– Olympic Games 2024.
- Sports Sponsorship and Marketing – Strategies for Federations and Clubs
Students are offered a unique insight into the running of the Football, Rugby and Hand Ball Federations including visits and presentations from directors and staff.
- Business Game Football Club CEO – Capstone simulation project
The simulation will allow students to manage and run a football club from financial planning to players management and at the same time Implementing their own strategy and development plans.
Included in the Sport Federations and Major Events Management programme:
- Lectures by highly qualified NEOMA BS faculty and guest faculty members
- Visits and talks from 3 major Federations FFF, FFR in Paris
- Visit of Stade Delaune (Reims), home ground of Reims Football Club – Hosted 4 matches of the FIFA Women’s World Cup 2019
- Tour de France 2021 (to be confirmed)
The programme is not only a great opportunity for students interested in a career in sport management but also for students simply wishing to know more about this global and dynamic industry.
Applications are open !
Are you eligible for this short-term programme?
The NEOMA Business School short-term programme seeks curious, motivated and independent students who are eager to participate in a special academic experience in France.
Who can apply ?
To apply, you must:
- For the graduate level programme: hold a Bachelor degree in a business (or closely related) discipline.
- For the Undergraduate level programme: Have completed at least one year of undergraduate level business classes.
- English level : IELTS 6.0 (not mandatory – only recommended)
How to apply ?
Please contact your home institution which will provide you the link of the application.
- Application deadline : May 31st, 2021
- Program fees include tuition fees, lunch and administrative fees.
Where to stay?
For summer 2021, the program will take place at the Reims campus. We have pre-selected a number of hotels with convenient access to the campus. Of course, students are free to choose their own accommodation. Students must confirm their housing option before June 1st, 2021 (at the latest, earlier confirmation is appreciated).
|I choose NEOMA BS accommodation||I choose my own accommodation|
The students have to book themselves their accommodation by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org giving the booking code SUMMER PRG 2021.
|Some housing possibilities: StudaPart / Airbnb|
Calvin Klein - Summer programme participant from Tilburg University - The NetherlandsRead testimony