Ouvrir le menu


Do you need a visa to study in France?

Click here to find out

NEOMA requires non-European students to have one of the following documents to be able to study with us:

Short-stay visas Long-stay visas Residence Permit

• Visa C – Visa Schengen
• Visa C « Etudiant concours »

• Visa D – Long séjour temporaire « Dispense temporaire de carte de séjour »
• Visa D – R311-3 6° « Etudiant »
• Visa D « Mineur scolarisé »
• Visa D – Visa de retour (only if Residence Permit Card in the process of fabrication in a French Prefecture)

French Residence Permit (titre de séjour)
Other EU Residence Permit with ‘student mobility’ mention

Visas (for non-European citizens only)

Non-European nationals (from outside the European Economic Area nationals = EU, Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway & Switzerland) must obtain a student visa to enter and study in France. Here is a helpful guide to applying for your visa:


For students living in one of the following 69 countries:

Algeria, Argentina, Azerbaijan, Bahrain, Benin, Bolivia, Brazil, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cambodia, Cameroon, Canada, Chad, Chile, China, Colombia, Comoros, Democratic Republic of Congo, Djibouti, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, Egypt, Ethiopia, Gabon, Georgia, Ghana, Guinea, Haiti, Honk Kong, India, Indonesia, Iran, Israel, Ivory Coast, Japan, Jordan, Kenya, Kuwait, Lebanon, Madagascar, Malaysia, Mali, Mauritania, Mauritius, Mexico, Morocco, Nepal, Niger, Nigeria, Peru, Qatar, Republic of Congo, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Senegal, Singapore, South Africa, South Korea, Taiwan, Thailand, Togo, Tunisia, Turkey, Ukraine, United Arab Emirates, United Kingdom, United States, Vietnam.

What to do:

  • Create your account on the Pastel platform: VISA APPLICATION – ETUDES EN FRANCE
  • Receive your login and password
  • Log in again on the same site and begin the application as Admitted Candidate (follow this video tutorial)
  • Exchange students : select your home university
  • Degree-Seeking students : select NEOMA + the programme chosen
  • Pass the interview (if not exempted, as most exchange students)
  • Organize the payment of the fees – Get your Campus France attestation and prepare the paper file for the French Consulate

Classic Visa Procedure

For students living in all other countries.

What to do:

Please see your local French Consulate or French Embassy for information on the exact visa requirements and procedure to follow to obtain your visa to study in France. In some countries you have to deposit your file in agencies like TLS or VFS – this is indicated on each individual French Consulate website.

Documents needed from NEOMA:

Admission Letter – Admission letters will be sent to your home university’s International Office (for exchange students) or to your home address (for degree-seeking students).

Provisional Housing Certificate – This document is required by the French Consulate, in the late stages of the visa request procedure. We send you a provisional certificate upon request, to allow you to proceed with the visa request before your housing arrangements have been finalized.

Non european students living/studying in Europe

A European visa or residence permit allows you to stay on French territory for 3 months maximum.
  Type Of Visa Procedure
EXCHANGE STUDENTS With a student visa for another member country of the European Union Must apply for a French student visa in their host country in Europe through Etudes en France/French Consulate
With a residence permit from another EU country eligible for the international mobility authorization Must apply for a visa or for the international mobility certificate from the French Ministry of the Interior through NEOMA
* see section below
With a residence permit from another EU country non-eligible for the international mobility authorization Must apply for a French student visa in their host country in Europe through Etudes en France /French Consulate


With a student visa for another member country of the European Union Must apply for a French student visa in their host country in Europe through Etudes en France /French Consulate
With a permanent residence permit for another member country of the European Union (except Denmark & Ireland) Must apply for a French residence permit in France within three months of their arrival in France, at the Prefecture and with the help from the HUB
With a temporary residence permit for another member country of the European Union Must apply for a French student visa in their host country in Europe through Etudes en France /French Consulate

International Mobility for Non-European Students Living & Studying in Europe

Are you a non-European student coming to NEOMA on exchange from one of our partner universities in Europe?

If so, and you also have a residence permit card (a visa is not accepted) issued by another member state of the European Union: you have the possibility to apply for an international mobility authorization given from our French Department of the Interior (Ministère de l’Intérieur).

This international mobility authorization will dispense you from having to apply for a visa for France.

What to do:

Please send the following documents to the HUB of your campus by e-mail, as we will have to submit your file to the French Ministry of the Interior at least one month before your arrival:

  • Copy of your passport.
  • Copy of your residence permit.
  • Proof of financial resources for the whole period of your exchange: minimum 615€/month. This can be in the form of a sworn statement, bank statements (if you have sufficient funds on your account), or a copy of a grant certificate.
  • European health insurance certificate.
  • Admission letter for your exchange semester/year at NEOMA.


If you are not eligible to obtain this document, your visa application will have to be made via the Etudes en France procedure of the country in which you currently residing. If the country is not covered by the Etudes en France procedure, you will have to contact the nearest French consulate.

All these steps must be taken at least 3 months before your arrival in France to maximize your chances of arriving in time for the beginning of classes.

Visas at a Glance

Have a look at what your visa really says

Visa Renewal

This section is for new international students at NEOMA who are living in France at the time of their admission or arrived in France through a “visa-concours”.

The renewal of your visa or residence authorization must be done 4 months before the expiration of your current document.

To begin the renewal procedure, please contact your HUB 4 months before your French visa expires

Your passport must be valid for the entire length of your stay with us, or at least the 1st year of your studies.

Complementary information can be found at: