VAE validates your professional experience and enhances your career prospects by awarding you a recognised qualification.
What is VAE?
Law 2002-73 from 17 January 2002 pertaining to the social modernisation established the validation of acquired knowledge (VAE) in articles 133 to 145, enabling any person who has performed a professional activity (salaried, non-salaried, voluntary, etc.) to, under certain conditions, obtain validation of acquired knowledge (VAE). The person’s experience can be presented as justification for obtaining a qualification for further professional development. This professional certification must be registered with the French National Directory of Professional Certifications (RNCP).
Skill fields acquired by way of VAE have life-long validity (article R335-10 of the French education code).
Who can benefit from VAE?
VAE is open to everyone, regardless of age or professional status. The only condition is to have a minimum of one year of verifiable professional experience directly related to the content of the chosen qualification. In this way skills acquired over the years are valued and recognised by a degree or diploma registered with the RNCP (French National Directory of Professional Certifications).
Since 1 January 2015, any applicant can benefit from personalised professional development assistance or advice (CEP). NEOMA Business School has an Executive Education team devoted to guiding applicants through this process.
Stage 1: Understanding the process: 2 phases
1st phase: pre-analysis of the CV and information about the process for the applicant for the VAE
The VAE point of contact at NEOMA Business School provides the applicant with information about the VAE process. This is aimed at assessing the chances of success and identifying the frame of reference of the most appropriate certification concerning the applicant’s professional experience. Booklet 1 (admissibility file) is sent to the applicant who must return it completed and including all the necessary documentation.
2nd phase: study of the admissibility of the application
The head of certification carries out a feasibility study in terms of professional experience and skills based on booklet 1.
After this assessment, the applicant receives notification of the decision on admissibility within two months maximum. Along with this decision, educational recommendations are made to the applicant.
An estimate concerning fees for individual or collective support and assistant with the financial arrangements is sent.
Stage 2: Interview
An interview between the candidate and the VAE point of contact takes place in order to:
- Sign a contract binding the applicant to NEOMA Business School with obligations on either side
- Plan the various stages of the support
- Explain the various constituent parts of Booklet 2 (supporting evidence)
At the end of this stage, the applicant begins the VAE process for certification.
Stage 3: Gathering supporting evidence
The applicant puts together booklet 2 and indicates for each skill field:
- The description of their activities related to the qualification
- The knowledge acquired
- The expertise implemented and the qualitative and quantitative results obtained
- How they feel their behaviour and skills have developed over the course of their professional lives
While the file is being put together, a VAE adviser nominated by NEOMA BS assists the applicant.
Stage 4: Validation of the certification by a jury
- Evaluation of the supporting evidence (booklet 2) by the jury
- Support for the applicant at the meeting of the VAE jury (a NEOMA representative, a programme representative and two external employees in the skill field)
- The decision of the jury is sent to the applicant within two months of the date of the jury (total validation, partial validation, non validation).