Manage the service professions of tomorrow
Head of the Bachelor in Services Management
“The Bachelor in Services Management puts customer relations, innovation, especially digital, the spirit of enterprise and Corporate Social Responsibility at the heart of the skills of future managers.”
The aim of the Bachelor in Services Management (BMS) is to train the managers of the service professions of tomorrow in sectors undergoing major change.
It offers comprehensive training including technological and digital training as applied to services and to the customer experience, as well as the basic skills of management and entrepreneurship.
Practical application is at the heart of the training to prepare you for the profession you are aiming to enter.
This training is unique because right from the first year you not only tackle the basics of management but you also begin to specialise, so you go straight into the sector you have chosen. This specialism is provided by three renowned schools: EC@L NEOMA for retail distribution professions, physical and digital, food or specialist (DIY, sport, cosmetics, clothing, etc.), Ecole FAUCHON for professions related to gastronomy and the ‘REAL Campus by L’ORÉAL’ for the hair and beauty professions.
4 good reasons to choose the BMS
Have the benefit of recognised academic and professional expertise in 3 sectors:
- EC@L for retail distribution professions with NEOMA teaching staff and external professional contributors
- Ecole FAUCHON for gastronomy and service professions, the essential company for French-style prestige and lifestyle, with a strong international reputation.
- The Real Campus by L’ORÉAL for Hair and Beauty professions, a traditional sector of the L’ORÉAL group.
Join a professional world undergoing profound change: operational business internships, in France or abroad, meetings with businesses and Directors during conferences, business visits.
Ensure your employability at the end of your course by joining a network of leading businesses in their sector with support from the NEOMA Alumni network.
Be able to prepare for continued study at BAC+5 and call upon expertise related to a professional project.
Special press release
Course: the 3-year Bachelor in Services Management
NEOMA Business School, Ecole FAUCHON and the ‘REAL Campus by L’ORÉAL’ have put together their expertise to create a unique training course, the Bachelor in Services Management. We offer common core subjects over 3 years, and a choice of specialism from the first year of your course.
The course combines several essential elements:
- A common core delivered by NEOMA, covering essential areas of management skills: marketing, financial management, social network management, strategy, etc.
- ‘Professional’ basics taught by professionals from EC@L, Ecole FAUCHON and the ‘REAL Campus by L’ORÉAL’, by teaching appropriate to the sector.
- Practical experience in business with internships and apprenticeship:
- Several periods of internship for the three specialisms including the possibility of spending some time abroad with ‘REAL Campus by L’ORÉAL’ and Ecole FAUCHON.
- Possible 1-year block release (3rd year of course) or 2-year (2nd and 3rd years)
- Day visits to business or ‘safari’ exploration of commercial concepts.
- A series of talks given by business leaders in the sectors.
- Acquisition of a strong digital culture via a progressive apprenticeship pathway (from the 1st to the 3rd year) with NEOMA Coding School.
Download the brochure for details of the course
After earning a Bachelor’s in Services Management, you will possess the skills for the 4 business objectives listed below:
- Managing and overseeing your team
- Applying marketing and sales strategy to develop your catchment area
- Managing and reviewing the financial results of your store/department/unit
- Managing operations, logistics, quality and projects for your store/department/unit
The programme is recognised through a dual validation :
- Ongoing assessment: evaluations conducted throughout the length of the programme in the form of individual or collective reports to be submitted,
- A final evaluation: performed at the end of the course, it can be done under different forms – it is, for the most part, individual
At the end of the programme and after a validation of 60 ECTS credits per programme year, the level-6 is awarded to participants.
If some modules were not validated and thus no credits were earned, the programme participant can redo the evaluation during a period set up for this purpose.
Three specialisms centred on French-style excellence
The Bachelor in Services Management enables you to experience the practical application of the profession you are aiming for, with specialism from the first year of your course.
3 specialisms to choose from:
- EC@L NEOMA for retail distribution professions, physical and digital, food or specialist (DIY, sport, cosmetics, clothing, etc.).
- Ecole FAUCHON for professions related to gastronomy and service.
- The ‘REAL Campus by L’ORÉAL’ for hair and beauty professions
EC@L NEOMA specialism – The leading course in Retail Distribution and customer relations
The retail distribution specialism of the Bachelor in Services Management by EC@L aims to provide the bases for a new generation of practitioners in retail distribution and services within the context of technological and digital change. You will have the benefit of a very active network of graduates, a long tradition and the standing of a Bachelor in the area of retail distribution.
This specialism will really open doors for your future, preparing you to soon take on operational, then managerial, responsibilities in one of the most dynamic sectors in the French economy, as career opportunities in this area are plentiful and always evolving.
Download the brochure for details of the courses.
Ecole FAUCHON specialism – Management in the gastronomy professions
The gastronomy and services specialism of the Bachelor in Services Management at Ecole FAUCHON enables you to work in a professional environment where the values of hard work, passion and creativity all come together.
On this pathway, students will be placed over the various areas of application of Ecole FAUCHON. They will therefore take part in the management and production of food & beverage services, by being involved at various points of distribution. They will also create and implement various different types of ephemeral catering concepts: bistro-style restaurant, wine and cocktail bar, food truck, fast-food outlet from a shipping container, concept store, etc.
Download the brochure to find out more about Ecole FAUCHON specialism.
‘REAL Campus by L’ORÉAL’ specialism – Excellence in the service of hair and beauty
This specialism in a classic sector of the L’ORÉAL Group aims to train future managers in the transformation of the hair and beauty professions, putting the customer experience at the heart of the training. Its objective is to offer young talent in hair and beauty all the tools they need to innovate and rethink the customer experience, in order to meet the new expectations of consumers looking for a unique experience.
Explore the courses in the L’ORÉAL specialism by downloading the brochure here.
You will have the chance to undertake several periods of professional experience, to extend your understanding and knowledge of the profession and of the business sector in which you are specialising. The roles entrusted to you will include a high level of independence.
They will be structured as:
- 2 operational internships of 1 month and 4 to 6 months respectively in year 1,
- 1 period in business in years 2 and 3 either as an apprenticeship or as a block release internship (2 x 6 months).
These professional experiences involve:
- monitoring and evaluation by a contact member of the teaching staff (2 or 3 times according to the length of the internship),
- supervision and evaluation by a professional, who is responsible for the student in the company.
EC@L specialism: Manager in the Retail Distribution sector
- 95% of graduates find employment within 3 months
- including 65% who do so before leaving the School
- The average starting salary is between €28,000 and € 35,000
The partner businesses of our graduates
Alinéa, Andros, Auchan, Brico Dépôt, But, Casino, Castorama, Centres E.Leclerc, Conforama, Cultura, Decathlon, Ferrero, Galeries Lafayette, Grand Frais, Groupe Carrefour, Kiabi, Leroy Merlin, Les Mousquetaires, Lidl, Metro, Monoprix, Printemps, Promocash, Sephora, Simply Market, Stockomani, Système U, Toys’R’Us, Truffaut, and more.
Graduates of the BMS – EC@L specialism may also prepare to continue their studies to Bac+5, and call upon expertise related to a professional project.
Once you graduate, you can embark on a university Masters degree, a Master of Science or a Specialist Masters at Business Schools, or take a Master in Management at the best institutions in France.
FAUCHON School: Manager in the gastronomy and service professions
L’ORÉAL specialism: Manager in the Hair and Beauty sector
Data soon available
Satisfaction Rating (out of 5)
Data soon available
Average job search time
Data soon available
Insertion rate at 6 months
Data soon available
- Profile : French-speaking holders of an international qualification of an equivalent level to the French baccalaureate (A-Levels, full International Baccalaureate, Moroccan Bac, etc.)
- You are motivated by commerce and customer relationships, as well as by innovation and enterprise in one of the specialisms:
- EC@L: in-store or online retail distribution
- FAUCHON: gastronomy and service professions
- L’ORÉAL: hair and beauty
Selection: application (school report, CV and covering letter) and motivation interview in French.
Applications: online at https://apply.neoma-bs.fr. Outside of PARCOURSUP
An official response will be sent to the applicant within 10 days.