The MSc International Finance is a fifteen-month, full-time Master of Science programme taught in English, designed to equip students with the skills that match the current needs of the finance industry.
This Master of Science offers students a unique opportunity to acquire the latest knowledge developments and their practical application through case studies and business games, as well as a mandatory four-month professional experience that allows them to build solid skills.
The MSc International Finance consists of a core programme and a concentration track. The core programme aims to provide students with a well-rounded education in finance, while the concentration track endows them with expertise in one of the three following fields:
- The Corporate Finance & Investment Banking Track
- The Financial Markets & Risk Management Track
- The Real Estate & Wealth Management Track
The MSc International Finance provides students with a versatile skill set that gives them a suitable profile for working in corporate and investment banking or building a career in financial advisory.
5 reasons to join the programme
Gain a broad understanding of the key issues in finance via a choice of concentration
Master the techniques of finance operations sought out by professionals
Learn to assess company risk levels and implement hedging strategies
Understand interactions between corporate finance and financial markets
Build a winning combination of innovative technical and managerial skills
Your MSc in 2 years !
If you hold a 3-year Bachelor’s degree, you have the possibility of doing this MSc in two years by joining our 12-month International Pre-Master programme. For more information on this course, go to the section “2-Year MSc Option” !
The concentration tracks offered within this Master of Science programme will allow candidates to add a specialisation of excellence in precise areas of finance:
Corporate Finance & Investment Banking Track
The Corporate Finance & Investment Banking track aims to offer students a solid dual competence in complementary areas of finance: corporate finance and banking.
Students can choose between two options within this track:
- CFA option (subject to prior validation of CFA level I)
- Corporate Finance & Investment Banking option
Financial Markets & Risk Management Track
The Financial Markets & Risk Management track is a specialised course in financial risk management, preparing students for the internationally recognised Financial Risk Manager® (FRM®) certification by the Global Association of Risk Professionals (GARP). This track is also a step into the exciting and challenging world of new technologies and their applications in the world of finance.
Real Estate & Wealth Management Track
The Real Estate & Wealth Management track is designed for ambition students of finance who wish to pursue careers in investment management (RICS accreditation).
RICS is the “ gold standard ” professional accreditation in Real Estate. The RICS accreditation is a guarantee of curricular quality, and ethical & integrity values.
The objective of the MSc International Finance is to prepare candidates to thrive in the diverse field of finance. Graduates will be equipped with the knowledge, skills and certifications to make an impact and deliver results in a field marked by transformation.
Upon completion of the programme, students will be able to:
- Leverage financial data
- Assess the level of a company’s risk
- Employ the techniques of corporate finance operations
- Perform complex financial modelling
- Advise businesses, firms and investors in the performance of complex financial schemes as well as understand the stakes of technological transformation in corporate finance
The MSc International Finance programme, awarding a higher education degree in international management (DESSMI), provides the skills to:
- Perform a functional analysis and implement an action plan that incorporates digital, sustainable and international components
- Conduct a scientific study and issue a recommendation
- Develop ethical leadership abilities to strengthen one’s manager posture
Experience based, immersive approach
This Master of Science uses several innovative teaching methods applied to the finance sector while also relying on active participation from professionals and professors in finance. The MSc International Finance combines academic lectures with active learning, including real-life case studies, guest speakers and team-based activities.
The professional experience required to be awarded the MSc International Finance diploma is an essential opportunity to apply the theoretical and practical skills learned during the first two semesters in a professional environment. Students are free to complete their experience as a 4-to-6-months internship in France or abroad, a permanent contract job or the creation of a new business or start-up in France or abroad.
Adapted programme for high-level athletes and artists
High-level athletes and artists may benefit from an adapted programme in order to pursue both their studies and their passion.
Students are evaluated in two distinct ways:
- For the DESSMI diploma: By validating the various course assessments.
- For the RNCP level 7 certification: By validating the key competency requirements.
If certain courses or modules have not be validated and therefore the credits not obtained, the student may re-sit the evaluation during the periods set up for this purpose.
NEOMA Business School’s MSc International Finance can open the door to a number of future careers, such as:
- Asset Manager
- Corporate Financial Analyst
- Credit Analyst
- Financial Advisor
- Financial Investment Manager
- Financial Manager
- Financial Market Analyst
- Investment Portfolio Manager
- Private Equity Manager
- Risk Manager
- Risk Analyst
< 1 months
Average time taken
for job search2
at 6 months2
Sources: 1 Course Evaluations 2021-2022 | 2 Graduate Employment Survey average 2020-2022 | 3 Jury 2020-2021
- Completion of a 4-year Bachelor’s degree (in business, economics, sciences, etc.) or a 3-year Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 1 year of professional experience
- Proof of English language proficiency is required during the application process (TOEIC, IELTS, TOEFL iBT, Cambridge, Duolingo)*
2-year MSc option:
- Completion of a 3-year Bachelor’s degree (Open to all backgrounds)
- Proof of English language proficiency is required during the application process (TOEIC, TOEFL ibt, IELTS, Cambridge and Duolingo).*
*Contact us to learn more about the scores required for each test.
For students who have already cleared the CFA Level I, the MSc International Finance – Corporate Financial & Investment Banking (CFA option) waives the following:
- Proof of English as an admission criteria (IELTS, TOEIC…)
As a Neoma student, you can be (are) eligible for a scholarship for the CFA registration fees. As a CFA university partner, Neoma is granted approximately 30 scholarships annually.
- Complete the online application: apply.neoma-bs.fr
- Provide scanned copies of all original documents in English or French (CV, motivation letter, transcripts, etc.)
- Candidates who meet the admissions requirements will be asked to complete a deferred interview
- Admissions results are sent by email within two weeks of the interview.
Application fee: €100
Applications are accepted on a rolling basis, from September 2023 with a final deadline for submissions in mid-July 2024. Applicants will be informed of the admission jury’s decision two weeks following the interview.
However, given the limited number of places, candidates are advised to apply as early as possible.
Candidates should demonstrate interest in investing in a future career in finance via certifications, courses, etc. They should ideally have a finance-related background or business background with quantitative knowledge and skills.
Candidates should be able to communicate with confidence in English, participate in group work, demonstrate initiative, strong interpersonal skills, enjoy meeting people and having new experiences.
2-Year MSc Option
Sharpen your skills
“Open up your professional horizons and reach for an MSc from a top French Business School”
Delivered on the Rouen campus, this programme serves as a gateway to a Master’s of Science for students with a three-year higher education qualification (French Licence or Bachelor’s degree). The programme is also open to students with degrees in non-business fields. The first year is an International Pre-Master, overviewing the core of business studies and leading up to the selected MSc in the second year. Please specify your preferred programme when preparing your application.
Layout of the programme
This course was designed to…
- Open access to MSc degrees to profiles missing the necessary qualifications for direct entry
- Guarantee success at the MSc level by laying the ground during the Pre-Master year
- Open up professional horizons by switching to a new field of study
- Overview the main areas of knowledge included in an undergraduate business degree
The two-year programme includes two mandatory internships, one at the end of the International Pre-Master year (4 months) and one at the end of the MSc year (6 months). Internships can take place in France or abroad, subject to approval by the programme director and based on the relevance to the MSc programme and course content.
Why join this programme?
Prepare your entrance to a prestigious MSc by consolidating and sharpening your knowledge of business and management, in an intensive, one-year International Pre-Master programme.
5 good reasons to join the programme
Apply for an MSc degree in a field that is different from your undergraduate degree
Integrate and adapt to the study methods of a top French business school before starting your MSc degree
Obtain academic qualifications necessary to integrate an MSc degree
Gain professional experience with two internships in two years
Build an international mind-set and cross-cultural communication skills
The first year of my MSc in Global Management was a year of building the fundamentals skills necessary for almost every aspect of my professional life. Courses like Quantitative Methods gave me skills related to a several fields of study, like economics and finance, helping me to read and analyze data in a more objective way. Geopolitics provided me with a comprehensive vision of world trade. Also, a full day’s work in an English-speaking environment strengthened my preparation for work in an international context. The courses were extremely useful and gave me confidence in my competences. What I also liked a lot is the diversity of teachers; they are from different countries, which really gives me a feeling of studying in an international school.
After an unusual study track, with a two-year high school diploma in Marketing and Trade, I chose to go abroad and complete a Bachelor in English. Graduated with a 3-year Bachelor degree, I followed the two-year MSc programme at NEOMA Business School. That was the perfect solution for me, to be able to get an MSc degree. The first year at NEOMA BS prepared me to follow the courses in the MSc in Marketing French Excellence, and face professional challenges in the international business arena.