For 25 years Masternova has provided a dual skill set in life sciences and managerial disciplines that can be applied to innovative projects in the fields of agri-food, health, biotechnologies, cosmetics, bio-based chemistry and more.
As a Masternova graduate, you can hold project manager positions in the agri-food, pharmaceutical, cosmetic and biotech sectors, become a life sciences innovation partnership manager, join an innovation consulting firm in life sciences or an organisation promoting and applying research results.
Choosing Masternova is choosing innovation and a diverse skill set and career path. It also means working with the way we live, and being involved in a sector with a high employment and growth outlook.
5 good reasons to join the programme
Pierrick GOMEZ – Head of the Mastère Spécialisé, NEOMA – Doctorate in sciences management
Violaine ATHÈS – Academic supervisor of the Mastère Spécialisé, AgroParisTech – Doctorate in biotechnology
Karen DELCHET-COCHET – Head of the Mastère Spécialisé, AgroParisTech – Doctorate in environment sciences
The management and life sciences integration in the service of sustainable innovation
Masternova allows students to develop a dual skillset in life sciences and managerial disciplines that can be applied to innovative projects in the fields of agri-food and biotechnologies. The part-time schedule with one week of courses every three weeks is easily adapted to professional life.
The degree is a Specialised Master co-awarded by NEOMA Business School and AgroParisTech and accredited by the “Conférence des Grandes Ecoles”.
RNCP title (awaiting validation from the France Compétences public institution)
The MASTERNOVA programme enables students to:
- Create and implement an innovation strategy
- Manage innovation projects, from their creation to their marketing
- Support the management of intellectual property and financing for an innovation project
- Manage a business development plan for a product, process or service
This programme is accessible via the « VAE » (awarding a qualification based on relevant professional experience).
DOUBLE DEGREE WITH AgroParisTech
This programme offers each student the opportunity to earn a double degree with an internationally recognised school.
The team projects conducted on practical cases including analyses on technological feasibility and commercial viability, marketing-mix decisions and the construction of a business plan.
With project-based learning in groups, the students are made into direct stakeholders and managers of their project. They need to search together for solutions to problems posed by the actual realisation of the project and gradually learn and develop as they work towards its completion.
These projects teach hybrid, technical and operational skills while allowing students to develop soft skills.
The Proj’innov, common thread project in team
The proj’innov is a managing project that takes place during a few months. It is based on sustainable innovation and/or the launch of a new activity in the field of life sciences . The teams of auditors organise all the activities that will ultimately lead to a concrete proposal for a product or even an associated organization while ensuring the integration of CSR and the viability of the project.
The professional thesis is a project whose purpose is to identify an issue important to companies and respond to it by using a conceptual approach and empirical research. This project must lead to practical recommendations for companies. Its additional purpose is to help students acquire technical expertise while also developing important soft skills for the job market: critical thinking, complex problem resolution, etc.
The programme is recognised through a dual validation:
- Ongoing assessment: evaluations conducted throughout the length of the programme in the form of individual or collective reports to be submitted
- A professional thesis: submission of a written document and an oral defence before a jury made up of an academic tutor and a company tutor.
If some modules were not validated and thus no credits were earned, the programme participant can redo the evaluation during a period set up for this purpose.
|2022 fees for the Master en Management de l’innovation technologique
dans les agro-activités et les bio-industries (Masternova)
freelance benefiting from partial or
total support by a public or
private financier (professional contract)
|Job seeker with allowance and
benefiting from partial or
total coverage of training costs by a third party
|Any other trainee not concerned
by situations 1 and 2
The part-time format allows you to remain at your company and promotes your entry and development in the professional world.
- Innovation Project Manager
- Business Developer – Product Manager
- Innovation Financing Project Manager
- Licensing Manager
- Project Manager for Technology Transfer, Research Results Promotion, Innovation Partnerships
- Sustainable innovation consultant
Main sectors of activity
- Chemistry / Cosmetics / Pharmaceutical Industry 67%
- Audit / Consulting / Certified Public Accountant / Studies 33%
Average time taken
for job search
at 6 months
Source: Course Assessment 2020-2021,
Graduate Employment Survey 2019, 2020 & 2021, Jury 2020-2021
Three minutes to apply to the Specialised Master programme – advice from Coline Berthier, Sales & Recruitment Manager
This programme is intended for young graduates who want to develop a specialisation or earn a double skill and professionals who want to complement their skills.
We accept applications from students holding one of the following diplomas :
- Engineering degree accredited by the « Commission des Titres d’Ingénieur » (CTI list)
- Degree from a Management School accredited to deliver the national « Grade de Master » (CEFDG list)
- Postgraduate degree accredited by university authorities (DEA, DESS, Master’s degree, etc.) or a professional Master diploma
- 4-year Bachelor’s degree or equivalent, for students with at least three years of professional experience (apart from internship and work/study contract)
- Level-7 RNCP certification
- International degree equivalent to the required French degrees noted above
This programme is accessible to people with disability.
1st step: Application
You need to fill out the application online.
You must include the required documents:
- Two letters of recommendation
- Marks from your last two academic years
- Level of English*
*If the applicant does not have results from an English exam (B2 level), the recruitment manager can have the applicant take an online test.
The selection jury will decide on an applicant’s admissibility after reviewing their application.
The applications must be finalised no later than ten days before the date of the interview.
2nd stage: Admission tests
Applicants deemed admissible after review of their applications then have a motivation interview.
Definitive admission is announced to each applicant at the end of these two stages and within seven days following the date of the motivation interview.
Motivational interviews take place once or twice a month from January to July.
The schedule of admission session dates for the 2023 school year will be published later. The final admission is communicated to each candidate within 7 days of the date of the motivation interview.
2 nd rank
Eduniversal ranking 2022 of the best Masters, AM and MBA - Agribusiness / Food Industry Management category