Our 4-year Bachelor’s double degree with an international academic partner
Director of CESEM
“With CESEM, you will develop your understanding of geopolitical issues, appreciate their cultural impact, become fluent in at least one foreign language, and acquire the key skills needed in international management professions.”
Are you excited by the idea of spending a considerable period of time abroad? Are you interested in international issues, both geopolitical and economic? Would you like to work in multicultural environments and embark upon an international career path? In that case, the CESEM will meet your expectations.
With its three international tracks (Europe, the Americas, Asia), the CESEM enables you to spend two years in France and two whole years abroad, thus obtaining two degrees, one French and the other an international BBA-type degree!
Our all-round training for future managers offers you an authentic immersive experience in a multicultural context, which will facilitate your professional mobility towards other countries and other cultures. If you enjoy a challenge, you can stand out and become a dynamic, open-minded and inquiring leader, with a high-level ability to adapt.
5 good reasons to choose CESEM programme
100% international double degree: all students are awarded 2 Bachelor degrees from recognised Business Schools
A multicultural environment with 3 international tracks: the Americas, Asia and Europe
Bilingual English-French or trilingual teaching according to the chosen track
You will gain an understanding of contemporary geopolitical issues
2 long-term internships, at least one of them abroad: employability rate almost 100%
From September 2021, students opting for the Asia track of the CESEM will study on the brand new campus of NEOMA Business School in Paris!
CESEM keeps improving! Discover the latest announcements on the course.
Curriculum: the 4-year CESEM
The CESEM programme has a logical, progressive structure, enabling you to develop a solid base of managerial skills within a distinctly international perspective. At each stage, you will also put your learning into practice within a business internship.
During your first two years in France at NEOMA BS you will learn to:
- Identify opportunities and geopolitical risks related to international development
- Understand marketing and commercial strategies
- Understand business performance measures
Then, during the last two years spent abroad, you will learn to:
- Define and implement a global strategy for marketing & commerce, finance or human resources,
- Lead and motivate teams while carrying out innovative projects,
- Understand and manage legal, economic, geopolitical and environmental risks,
- Define professional expectations in terms of information systems, digitisation, and organisational transformation
Throughout the course, you will be able to incrementally enhance your career path via:
- Basic courses at the management school (intercultural management, marketing, accounting, finance, strategy, and so on) taught to the highest international standards within double degree agreements.
- An understanding of contemporary international issues: the digitisation of the economy, demographic and climate issues, and geopolitical evolutions are all factors that radically transform businesses and which our students will come to appreciate on their course.
- Long internships: to apply your learning and immerse yourself in the professional world.
- Multiple possibilities for specialisation: thanks to the varied offer from its various academic partners, the CESEM can offer you a very large number of specialisations at the end of the course (Big Data, International Development, Finance, Entrepreneurship, Marketing, and more).
- Learning languages: you will be taught in French and English but also in German, Spanish, Chinese, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese or Russian as soon as you are with our academic partners. Together with the students of the country and a multitude of international students, you will learn and develop your language skills and live in a multicultural environment that will also enhance your understanding of cultural differences.
- For those who so wish, a regal route to a career in China: thanks to the Institut Confucius for Business at NEOMA and its partnership with the University of International Business and Economics (UIBE) in Beijing, you will have the benefit of a solid basis for forging a career in China. This is done over 5 years: the first two years at NEOMA BS where you will take Chinese lessons, then you spend a gap year in China to continue learning Chinese (does not apply to students attaining HSK5 in France). You will then be fully trilingual to complete your course with our Chinese partner.
Download the brochure for full course details:
During your four years in the programme, we will help you develop the necessary skills so you can quickly find your first job and ensure your employability over your entire career.
You will know how to:
- Identify added-value creation opportunities in France and abroad as well as the associated risks and provide development proposals
- Implement an action plan that includes multicultural, digital and sustainable aspects
- Lead a multicultural team to carry out an action plan
The programme is recognised through a dual validation:
- Ongoing assessment: evaluations conducted throughout the length of the programme in the form of individual or collective reports to be submitted,
- A final evaluation: performed at the end of the course, it can be done under different forms – it is, for the most part, individual
At the end of the programme and after a validation of 60 ECTS credits per programme year, the level-6 CESEM degree is awarded to participants.
If some modules were not validated and thus no credits were earned, the programme participant can redo the evaluation during a period set up for this purpose.
2 business immersion internships
CESEM allows you to bring added value to your CV thanks to two long-term internships (one semester each), undertaken during the course at least one of which is done abroad:
- Between the 1st and 2nd year: a 6-month operational internship in France or abroad,
- During your last two years: a 6-month (*) responsibility internship in the country or area of your second degree qualification.
You may also do additional internships in France and abroad in order to broaden your professional experience. These multiple experiences allow you to enhance your skills and develop your ability to adapt while constructing and refining your career trajectory.
You are supported in your search for internships by the counsellors of the Talent & Career Unit.
Major involvement from companies
Businesses are heavily involved throughout the course, both in classes and activities (projects, talks, ongoing involvement, internships etc.) and in events organised by the School (Business forums, job days and career advice, etc.).
The programme directors rely on businesses to offer a course that will always be in line with their needs.
(*) the most common duration, done as 1 or 2 internships.
International experience at the heart of CESEM’s DNA
To offer you a unique experience abroad, the programme relies on its network of excellent international partners, enabling you to study in France for 2 years and then spend 2 years with one of our partners which you have previously selected, thus obtaining a double degree!
At the end of your curriculum you will have earned a Bachelor in International Business Management from NEOMA Business School in addition to a second degree from the chosen academic partner, as well as be able to work in two to three different languages.
Three substantial international tracks: 3 areas, 13 countries, 18 partners
The international partners of the CESEM enjoy an excellent reputation, both academically and professionally. 82% of them are accredited.
Start: 3rd year – Teaching language: English Strong business culture and very multicultural.
Start: 3rd year – Main teaching language: English
Many specialisations are possible at this renowned university located in the Canadian capital.
Start: 3rd year – Teaching language: English
American-style campus with student sport and community life, in the top 100 universities of the United States.
Start: 3rd year – Teaching language: English
Recognised for its teaching focussed on small group work in an exceptional setting.
Start: 3rd year. Teaching language: English
Reputed for the quality of its campus life, the students enjoy a top-quality academic environment.
Start: 3rd year – Teaching languages: English with the possibility of following classes in Portuguese and Spanish.
Beginners in Portuguese accepted.
This prestigious partner enjoys a very good international reputation.
Start: 3rd year – Teaching languages: Spanish and English
The leading private university in Mexico, offering a degree recognised in the United States.
Start: 3rd year- Teaching languages: Chinese
Beginners in Chinese accepted
You will be able to choose between two Bachelor degrees: Marketing or Business Administration.
Start: 3rd year – Teaching languages: Chinese and English
Beginners in Chinese accepted
Triple accredited, this university offers a high-performing programme to learn Chinese and awards a solid management degree.
Start: 3rd year – Teaching languages: English (and Japanese for more advanced students)
Beginners in Japanese accepted
Programme with a strong focus on service marketing.
Start: 2nd year – Teaching languages: English (and Japanese for more advanced students)
Beginners in Japanese accepted
The ideal partner for developing an excellent level of Japanese even if you are a beginner.
Start: 1st or 3rd-Teaching languages: German and English
Franco-German pathway accredited by the FGU
Programme ranked top of its category in Germany.
Start: 1st or 3rd year -Teaching languages: Spanish and English
Very strong reputation in Spain, ensuring excellent employability
Start: 1st and 3rd year – Teaching language: English
Its enterprise philosophy enjoys an excellent reputation.
Start: 3rd year – Teaching languages: Italian and English
Beginners in Italian accepted
The first leading private university in Italy.
Starts: 1st or 3rd year – Teaching language: English
Teaching by projects. 100% Learning by doing.
Starts: 1st and 3rd year – Teaching language: English
Now one of the most dynamic British universities.
Start: 3rd year – Teaching language: English
Beginners in Russian accepted
The only real double degree in Russia. Get one step ahead!
The CESEM degree an accelerator for your professional career
What are the qualities of CESEM graduates? Their agility, easy adaptability, ability to manage multicultural teams, convey ideas, work with others and, of course, their developed sense of international mobility. All qualities that will be useful in your future career or for further studies.
- 45% of CESEM graduates continue their studies to obtain a 5-year Bachelor’s degree
As a graduate, you can undertake university Masters degrees, Masters of Science or Specialised Masters at Business or Engineering Schools, as well as Masters in Management at the best institutions in France and abroad:
- Fundação Getúlio Vargas, Copenhagen Business School, London School of Economics, SDA Bocconi, Warwick Business School, IE Madrid, University of St Gallen, and more
- In France: ESSEC, ESCP Europe and CentraleSupélec.
Further study for one of the full-time MSc courses at NEOMA is guaranteed to CESEM graduates (provided they have the level of English required by the programme and after a validation and counselling interview with the given director of the MSc). In this way, you can become a Master of Science!
Entering the professional world
80% of graduates choose to start their career abroad.
99% of students find a job within 6 months.
The average starting salary is €38k – €42k€.
(Source: 2019 Graduate survey)
Once you graduate, you can work in a wide variety of fields:
- Finance / Auditing: management control, auditor, portfolio manager, financial analyst
- Marketing / Communication: product manager, communications officer
- Commercial: area manager, account manager, sales consultant, project manager, sales manager
- Purchasing and logistics: operations manager, logistics manager, supply chain manager
- Information systems / new technologies: consultant, business manager, project manager
A few examples of companies that recruit our graduates
BNP Paribas – Deloitte Dublin – Google – Groupe Crédit Agricole – JP Morgan Chase – L’Oréal – Microsoft – Möet & Chandon – Nestlé – Nielsen – OTIS – PwC Luxembourg – Safran –Unilever – etc.
Satisfaction Rating (out of 5)
Average job search time
Insertion rate at 6 months
Admission procedures depend on where your last qualification is from.
Holders of a French qualification
You can join the CESEM at NEOMA after the Baccalaureate via Parcoursup.
Profile : The CESEM is intended for holders of a baccalaureate who have been educated in France or at a French school abroad, and for students on an undergraduate course of French higher education who wish to change direction.
Once your intention to enter the CESEM has been confirmed on Parcoursup, you will need to take the ‘Concours SESAME’, a common entrance competition for 14 Business and International Management Schools.
From June 16 to September 16, 2021 included, the complementary phase of Parcoursup allows you to make up to 10 new wishes on the platform for programmes with available places. You will need to click on the “Faire un voeu” tab.
How to apply to CESEM, European and American tracks?
All you have to do is select the programme and the track on Parcoursup.
In order to validate your application, a payment of 50€ must be made on the mySESAME web site at the following address: https://mysesame.concours-sesame.net/phasecomplementaire
The proof of payment provided must then be deposited on Parcoursup. This payment is unique, regardless of the number of courses or schools of the SESAME bank to which you apply during the complementary phase.
Assessment methods :
Candidates in the complementary phase do not take any written or oral tests. Only the elements of your Parcoursup file are taken into account and will be the subject of an in-depth analysis by the CESEM management team. No additional documents will be accepted.
In order to limit the wait, applicants will receive a response within 2 working days of submitting their application.
CHOICES ON PARCOURSUP: how to give yourself the very best chance
Admission decisions are made by track. So, when you indicate your choices on Parcoursup, we strongly recommend you select all the pathways available as subsidiary choices (Europe, the Americas and Asia), as there is no limit to the number of subsidiary choices you can make for the Concours SESAME entrance competition. You will therefore give yourself 3 chances of being accepted onto the CESEM.
Holders of an international qualification
Profile : French-speaking holders of an international qualification of an equivalent level to the French baccalaureate (A-Levels, full International Baccalaureate, Moroccan Bac, etc.), IELTS 6.0 or equivalent.
Selection: dossier and interviews (motivation + English).
- Online applications at http://apply.neoma-bs.fr/
7 th rank
2021 “l’Etudiant” Magazine Rankings for Post-Baccalaureate Programmes
5 th rank
2020 Challenge Magazine Rankings for 4-years Post-Baccalaureate Programmes